Entrepreneurial skills as solid base for a future in the Creative Industry
The project Thrive! started with a first kick off conference in the beginning of December 2016 in Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
The Thrive!-project has as central aim to support the (young) (female) entrepreneurs and companies and its employees in the creative sector to go through a transformation and innovation process that is necessary to survive the present times and to become a company with a sustainable business case. The project results will be the relevant profiles of the companies at various stages in this growth path of development until the year 2026.
The core of the company profiles will be the description of core competences and entrepreneurial skills that have to be present in the company at management level and the entrepreneurial skills at the level of the employees.
The printing industry has always been part of the communication and information industry. Over the last 30 years the industry has gone through a great deal of technological changes and revolutions. From a manual manufacturing industry dominated by production and output based companies, single channel companies, a change-over to full service communication and information companies, multi-channel companies are now needed. Technology has always been the main (sole) driver for initiating change in the companies. In many cases there is no real research based analyses to support the implementation of the production tools financially. Market research is not a strong point of the entrepreneurs.
The partnership entails partners from VET education at the initial level and higher / academic education; consultancy organisations representing the industry, training services providers closely related to the Creative Industry.
Partners in the project:
1. Stivako, The Netherlands, industry based training service provider on middle management, strategy and marketing: coordinator of development result and project activities, development of contents of e-tool, development of learning materials and the implementation in industry, company relations; Stivako is also coordinator of this project.
2. NYTA Ltd, The Netherlands, management an consultancy in educational and labour marker related projects: development and testing / validating of materials, development of the professional profiles, international dissemination;
3. Hill Top Consulting (Yorkshire) Ltd United Kingdom, consultants of trade organisations, companies and organisation in UK and Europe: profile development, research and analyses of materials, learning materials production;
4. Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Institut für Systemforschung der Informations-, Kommunikations- und Medientechnologie, Germany: research and development of profiles, analysing present situation in the Creative Industry;
5. Artevelde Hogeschool, Belgium, VET education higher level; development of learning materials, profiles development, validation and assessment;
6. Fundació Privada Indústries Gràfiques - Escola Antoni Algueró, Spain, a well based industrial VET school in Barcelona with close ties with the Catalonian Employers’ federation: development of the E-tool, validation of the developed materials and assessment.
More information? Visit the project website: www.thriveproject.eu