Sustainability, Green Marketing and Media
for SME's in the Creative industries
The creative industry (CI) requires other knowledge & skills. Customers demand a more sustainable production and better respond to their demand. SMEs should develop new services. This is not happening due to lack of use of marketing. Research (att. 6) shows that customer relationship and sales skills are top priorities. The reason for this project: to reduce the gap between skills in the labour market and the need of knowledge on sustainability and (green) marketing. Little knowledge is available in (PT) VET. If employees or students will learn how to work on this fields, the more profitable it will be for employee and company.
- marketing/sustainability skills to get more competitive
- the competitive position of SMEs by offering the customer new (sustainable) service
- the level of entrepreneurship, so they can better compete with suppliers outside the CI.
- Transfer Sustainability knowledge and Green Marketing models
- Adjust the Sustain game according to local needs and (re)develop a training and instruments on Green Marketing
- Test of Sustain game, workshops and a Green Marketing course (in VET and SMEs)
- Develop a digital Sustain game
- Translate material/dissemination.
Transfer from The Netherlands of a physical game and workshops for VET or in company, with three elements:
- Information about Sustainability to raise awareness
- Marketing & Sales: SMEs learn how to emphasize the importance of their sustainable production capacities to their customers
- Creating awareness of the possibilities for developing new services in advising client groups on sustainable communication.
Transfer of the Green Marketing concept from Spain.
Green marketing uses the sustainable potential of a company, allowing their customers to communicate in a sustainable way and strengthen sustainability in the chain. The project strengthens, expands and adapts the teaching tools (game and green marketing) to the needs and conditions in the partner countries.
Create an internet game, create more awareness on sustainability to VET students, SME employees and customers.
By training, learners’ attitude and competences will change; companies knowledge will improve in cooperation with customers. Teachers get access to a different methods of learning. Strategic level, recognition of customer value and identification of customer needs. More sustainable production, develop new sustainable services, be more competitive; Green Marketing provides new sales/marketing attitudes.
Partners in the project
- GA: Danish employers' organization for the graphic arts industry
- Cubion: a Danish consultancy
- IGS (Institut de Gestion Sociale) an institution of higher education located in Lyon, Paris and Toulouse
- The Technological Institute of Optics, Colour, Image and Aido from Valencia, Spain,
- Dienstencentrum, the consultancy in the printing industry
- Işık University in Istanbul, Turkey
Stivako is the project coordinator.
Visit the project website: : www.project-sustainability.com